- Why do you think the art of translation is feminized, despite the fact that it was seemingly highly valued by men in the period?
- Should the artistry of a woman’s translation be praised further because of her assumed capacity to better access both masculine and feminine discourses?
- Has there been any debate about authenticity in translation?
- Why did Jane Lumley translate this story specifically?
- In translating texts, how much creative license could translators take?
- Why was Joanna Fitzalan married off so young?
- What role did religion play in the demise of Lady Jane Lumley?
- You said that there was nothing unusual about Lady Jane Lumley, doesn’t this make her exceptional anyhow?
- Did Lady Jane Lumley see education of children as essential?